Update: New build 2272 available with updated IWAD recognition rules.
The third and possibly final release candidate of version 2.0 is now available (build 2272).
There is a whole bunch of fixes:
- IWAD files are now recognized with stricter rules to avoid files from being misidentified as known IWADs. If you have been seeing problems dealing with WAD files in the Packages browser, try DE → Clear Cache and restart.
- Under specific circumstances, opening the game profile package selection dialog would crash.
- Hang when trying to spawn damage particles triggered by a very large amount of damage.
- Light from the Torch powerup in Heretic and Hexen was rendered incorrectly.
- 3D model animation problem where a non-animating mobj would be repeatedly restarting its animation sequences.
- Several UI glitches of varying severity. For example, the Update Available notification was triggering a fatal error, and there were occasional random color changes happening when UI widgets were being drawn.
Another notable change is that the folders where Doomsday looks for IWADs and other data files are now configured in the same Data Files dialog. I’ve added a new quick-access button to the bottom of the Home’s Packages list for opening this dialog.